Chromira 30" Digital RA4 Printer
“Affordable and upgradeable digital imaging solution.”
The Chromira 30 is a highly acclaimed, very affordable professional digital imaging solution. Since its introduction in 1998, it has been the most popular digital professional LED printer in the industry. It is a recognized standard for reliability, easy operation, and low total cost of ownership. Given its appeal and customer need for digital capacity, ZBE then added an upgrade option to the Chromira 30. Labs can choose the affordable Chromira 30 and later, enhance its speed and productivity with Chromira 5x imaging technology.
The Chromira 30 is a roll-to-roll digital printer. It handles any material width from 8” up to 30” and any length up to 275’. It produces dazzling digital images in print sizes of 30” x continuous. It efficiently scales image files on-the-fly to any desired print size.
The Chromira 30 uses state-of-the-art, award-winning, patented LED technology to create beautiful, high quality prints. It images on any RA-4 media and surface, including backlit display films.
This printer delivers its productivity benefits through “bottleneck-free technology”, providing full front-end printer access to every computer on your network. In addition, ZBE's WorkStream IA and Chromira Workstation software applications offer a powerful suite of image management tools, on-the-fly image processing and order management for a printing workflow that no other digital printer can achieve.
The Chromira’s 300 PPI working resolution is the highest standard image resolution in the industry. To attain even higher image quality, Chromira utilizes ZBE's patented Resolution Enhancement Technology, which achieves a visual resolution of 425 PPI. While other digital printers (such as leading laser printers) must image at lower resolutions of 200 PPI to reach production speeds; the Chromira 30 production speed always runs with the highest resolution.
The Chromira 30 provides labs competitive advantages in affordability, workflow productivity and operational ease. It is a recognized standard for reliability, easy maintenance, and low total cost of ownership.
- Spectacular digital images.
- High print production.
- Optimized for throughput.
- Produces digital images in print sizes of 30” x continuous.
- Handles any material width from 8” up to 30” and any length up to 275’.
- Easy and fast loading and unloading (less than one minute).
- Simple operation.
- Easy integration with all popular workflows.
- Highly affordable.
- Very low operational and maintenance costs.
- Sophisticated built-in Self-Diagnostics system.
- Material Size: Roll to Roll in any width from 8” up to 30”, and any length up to 275’.
- Loading or unloading time: less than 1 minute.
- Materials: Any RA-4 media and surface, including backlit display films.
- Print Sizes: 30” x continuous. Image files are scaled on-the-fly to any desired print size.
- File Types: TIFF (Mac or Windows), Windows BMP, or JPEG. Open interface from RIP.
- Physical: 64" L x 36" W x 60" H (162cm x 91cm x 152cm).
- Access required on 3 sides, desirable on all 4. Will fit through 30" (76cm) door, by removing top of cabinet. Weight: 715lbs. (324 Kg).
- Daylight operated. Darkroom loading.
- Platform: Windows XP (embedded in printer).
- Connections: 120/230VAC, 1000 W. Network connections 10base T or 100base T. Compressed air (60-100 psi).
- Print Head: Proprietary LED Imaging Technology (Patented). Utilizes ZBE’s Chromira imaging engine.
- Image Resolution: 300 PPI; 425 PPI visual resolution with ZBE's patented LED Resolution Enhancement Technology.
- Color Depth: 36 bit.
- Print Speed: 5" per minute for 30" paper, depending on file size and degree of enlargement or reduction. Image scaling, rotation & color balancing performed "on-the-fly" while printing. Equals: 62 square feet per hour. 2 – 100’ rolls per 8 hour shift. This equates to: 113 – 8”x10” (20.3 x 25.4 cm) prints; or 55 – 11”x14” (27.9 x 35.6 cm) prints; or 15 – 20”x24” (50.8 x 61 cm) prints/hour from 30” material.
Optimized for Throughput:
- Each workstation on the network has full control of “front end” printer functions eliminating bottlenecks.
- Print files may be printed from any location on the network with no operator required for printing.
- Printing begins immediately and proceeds as the file is received over the network.
- The user interface for submitting jobs and controlling printing parameters is refined for high throughput and particular ease of use. Each workstation submitting jobs to the printer can control all printing parameters as well as monitor the queue of work being printed. (E.g. print size, image rotation, print job priority, borders, and text notes on prints, color balance, and number of prints.)
- Each workstation has full control of: print size, image rotation, job priority, borders, and text notes on prints, color balance and number of prints.
- Multiple Chromira printers are supported on the network.
- Optional WorkStream software package offers the on-the-fly imaging capabilities of Workstation with such additional benefits as packaging, order management, production tracking and the integration of labs and their customers, which streamlines workflow and maximizes productivity.
- Open System: Compatible with all commercial RIP packages. Dedicated RIP is NOT required. Compatible with any off-the-shelf color management software.
- Sophisticated built-in Self-Diagnostics system.
- Optional automated print cutter. Automates cutting of package prints and nested individual prints from roll.